Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate protien banana muffins

These muffins are a great snack and a great treat.  The best part is my kids loved them too.  I didn't feel bad about handing these out as snacks.  Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup mashed bananas (I used two large bananas)
2 scoops chocolate whey protein
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

*Mix this all together really well.  I just threw it all in and mixed it up.  Spray 12 muffin tins with and set oven to 350. 

I chopped up 30 chocolate chips with two Tbs of raw oats and sprinkled it on top.  You can use a chopper or food processor.


Ready to go in the oven!  These babies have about 145 calories in each one and seven grams of protein.  Ya know, just in case you were wondering.

These were really good.  I will definitely be making them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment