Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A little better of a day.....

Today started out much better with a great workout.  I skipped gpp and made up my own thing for back and biceps.  Here is what I did:

15 minute warm up on the StairMaster

Lat pull downs 15
Standing lat pull downs with pulleys/rope 15
Seated row 15
One minute fast sprint
*repeat three times

Squats 15
Barbell bicep curls 20
Standing row 15
One minute fast sprint
*repeat three times

Back extensions 20
Lunges-holding a 25 pd. plate overhead 20
Dumbbell bicep curls 15
*repeat three times

Ball crunches with pulley 20
Leg raises 15
Ab crunch on lat pull down machine 15
*repeat three times

I finished off with 10 more minutes on the stairclimber and five minutes rowing.  It felt so great to get a good workout in.  When you feel so good leaving the gym it makes the waking up at 4:45 thing a tad bit easier.....but not much.  :)

*After the gym I had a protein shake with spinach, strawberries, and vanilla protein. 


Two hours later I opted for my new favorite oatmeal.  I call it honey nut oatmeal.  Oatmeal with a little almond butter, pecans, and honey.  I want this for every meal these days.


Lunch was a tuna chicken salad with a side of veggies and a pear.  I also snacked on some crackers as well.  I was at my sisters house the rest of the afternoon and was starving by three thirty.  She let me have some string cheese and cottage cheese with tomatoes out of her garden.  Garden tomatoes are soooo much better than store bought.  Am I right?  Then I was craving chocolate of course but all she had was knock off oreos.  Not the best...but I had to settle.  I had two and they hit the spot.

Dinner came and I could not fathom eating another vegetable for some reason.  So I opted for Kashi Crunch with some raw oats, bananas, and raisins.  I topped it off with a pumpkin protein muffin and some chocolate almonds.  Hooray for a dinner of carbs!

Am I the only one who sometimes get sick of vegetables?

No comments:

Post a Comment