Monday, November 7, 2011

An crazy weekend...I'm tired

First and foremost....they have steel cut oats at Costco!  I new that other locations had them but not the one by me.  I was so excited to see them.  Maybe they have had them forever and I am just a turd and didn't realize it. 

 

So my breakfast Friday was steel cut oats with a blender shake.  I love steel cut oats.


This is the cake I made.  It my most favorite chocolate cake.  It's the frosting that is so amazing.  I didn't eat very much on Friday so I could enjoy myself at girls night.  


The spread was amazing.  We had salad, tomato basil soup, french dip sandwiches, veggie tray, cornbread, lemon bars, candy, and of course Diet Coke.


Christy....these were the best french dip I've ever had.  It was the sharp white cheddar for sure.



We talked, tried on nighties...yep, stalked through facebook, watched modern family, did out toes, and had one of us pee our pants.  


It was such a fun night.  Thanks girls. 

We had to be in Logan at nine am so unfortunately I wasn't able to sleep over.  I got home a little after two and had to wake up at five thirty.  I do not function on little sleep but I did OK.  We drove up and drove home three hours later.  By the time I made it home I was ornery.  I blew up at the hubs for no reason...sorry bout that babe, then decided I better go on a run or something.  So I went on a five and a half mile run and felt so much better.  I apologized to Jos and made us some dinner.


Salmon burgers with balsamic over spinach and half an apple.  It was so yummy.  All in all it was a fun weekend although I still feel like I am running on no sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I love that pic of our toes!! And those French Dip sandwiches were freakin good, thanks to you and your recipe! I'm still tired too. Can't seem to catch up from the late night. I fell asleep in church like 5 times and almost slept through an entire fireside Sun night. Awesome. Don't you love those salmon burgers? yum. oh, and your choco cake was the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. I don't think I have that recipe... I need it.

    ReplyDelete