Wednesday, September 7, 2011

waaayyyy behind!

 I am so behind on blogging.  We took a little road trip this weekend to the grand old Idaho for my dad's 60th birthday.  No, my parents do not live there but my dad was born a cowboy and farms a lot of land there.  So he is a CFO during the week and a farmer on the weekends.  We went up to surprise him with a little party and all the husbands helped him build a new fence.  My dad is the best, really....the best.  We left Friday, stayed overnight and came home Saturday.  I brought snacks for the car and some food but by Saturday night I felt like I had eaten pretty crappy.


In the car on the way up.  We enjoyed beef jerky, crackers and peanut butter, and string cheese.  We always take a road trip self portrait of the two of us.
 

When we pulled into town we stopped at a Greek restaurant for dinner.  Yum!


I enjoyed an awesome salad and some chicken skewers.  Then got back to the hotel and ate a pound of my trailmix granola.  I was pre-menstrual OK?


The kids love the farms because of all the fun stuff to play on/with.  Horses, cows, dogs, haystacks, tractors, etc.  The list goes on.  They had such a good time.


Coming home on Saturday was crazy.  I left my husband up there to finish some work and I drove home with my sister and the kids.  Lets just say this pms-ey girl ate lots of sugar on the way home.  I felt like crap and I deserved it.  For Sunday dinner when we were home again I made grilled chicken, sauteed zucchini and mushrooms, salad, and homemade whole grain naan bread.  I have got to post this recipe.  It was so great! 


For labor day we were going to go boating but the weather wasn't looking to promising.  So we decided to go to a movie.  I was prepared with healthy popcorn, grapes, and water for the show.  However, when we got there it was insanely packed so we took our snacks to the park and played.  Still had a great day.  I got to go for a trail run then hit the gym that morning and it felt great.

Hope everyone had a great labor day!

No comments:

Post a Comment