Thursday, September 22, 2011

protein pumpkin muffins

I made these a while back and still need to post the recipe!  These were really yummy and had sort of a cheesecake texture.  Not sure why but I wasn't complaining.  Here is what I did:

Mix together:

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbs. melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
heaping tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
15 oz. can of pumpkin
1/2 cup agave nectar
3 Tbs. truvia
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or till desired consistency)
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
*I just mixed everything together all at once.  Lots of ingredients but so easy to make.
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes give or take.
I wouldn't call these a treat but they are definitely a great snack to have on hand.

Look at this version from allrecipes.com...only 5 ingredients!!!  They look yummy too.  Some people used spiced cake mix instead of yellow.  I would have done the same...or carrot!  I'll have to try this one out.  Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment