Sunday, December 4, 2011

Where is the motivation?

I don't know what it is lately but my motivation is lacking in all departments.  I have worked out at the same gym regularly since I was fifteen.  I have never had a problem being motivated to work out.  I have always had a problem being motivated to eat better.  :)  But lately I feel like my motivation for working out is slipping and it's freaking me out!  I think it is a combo of waking up before five when I am not at all a morning person, and the fact that it is cold and dark outside my covers.  I think my body wants to gain the extra five pounds of winter blubber to keep me warm.  I guess I just have to be OK with that.  I know it will come off next summer right?  I still get to the gym about five days a week but it just seems harder lately.  I need more sleep people!!!

I did really good the end of this week with the workouts.  But I have eaten lots of treats.  At least I got a few semi healthy snacks/meals in over the weekend.


Protein shakes of course.  They are a staple around here.


I made some healthy cinnamon almonds the other day.  I snacked on them when my pms-ey sugar attack came on.  


Salmon burgers for the busy losers we were this week with no time for making decent meals.  I should have been more prepared I guess.


We love rice cakes around here.  They are made with brown rice so if you need a snack/treat these are a great low calorie option.


Oatmeal with bananas, plain greek yogurt, and a little agave.


These have been good to my sugar craving these past few days too.  Almond butter and jelly rice cakes.  Yes, still sugar but at least its not chocolate cake people.

Speaking of chocolate cake, I made a really good on tonight and ate too much of it.  I haven't eaten a ton of sugar lately so when I do binge on one thing it makes me a little ill.  But still yummy.

So I need to go in search of my motivation.  I hope my future posts are not as boring as this one was.  On a happier note, Neil at GPPfit.com sent me a bumper sticker today.  Whoo whoo!  I will be putting it on my car asap.  Thanks Neil!

No comments:

Post a Comment