Thursday, October 13, 2011

I did it!

I didn't workout!  I am still contemplating fitting it in before bed but I don't think the hubs will allow.  I am on strict resting duty.  Blah.  On a happier note..I get to go to spin tomorrow and lift!  Hopefully I am feeling back to my normal self.  I have a head cold but that usually doesn't interfere with my workouts.

Breakfast this morning was to die for.  Protein pumpkin pancakes topped with bananas, agave, and a little chocolate protein granola.  I wanted to eat this for lunch and dinner too but I made myself eat veggies.  Boo.

 

Lunch was a salad with chicken and some crackers on top.  I have no idea why I can't get this picture to change.   I don't think I will eat green chile chicken for awhile.  This was my third time in three days.


 My snack hit the spot.  A peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich.  This is one of my favorite combos.  Along with the egg honey sandwich. 


Dinner was another crockpot success.  I make this chicken all the time....but I have never done it in the crockpot.  I also never cook the veggies with it.  I always cook them separate.  But this was so good and the sweet potatoes might have been the best I've ever had.  Really.

Here's what you do,

Mix together:

3/4 light soy sauce
3/4 cup light olive oil
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp sage
garlic
 (This will be your marinade if you want to grill the meat, or just toss everything in and go for it)  :)
*I never measure these because I have been making this recipe for so long.  I know I make less when I am not serving a lot of people.  **I also use less olive oil.


I threw some chicken tenders in the bottom of the crockpot, then potatoes, then sweet potatoes.  I poured the sauce over the top and turned that baby on.  So easy!


This is the end result.  I wish I would have done more sweet potatoes.  I could have eaten all of them.  I served it with salad and veggies on the side.


Anyone else out there obsessed with Modern Family?  I love love love that show.  I love Phil, Cam, Gloria, all of them.  Best.cast.ever!  Here are some clips for you to enjoy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment