Sunday, August 28, 2011

weekend par-tay

This weekend it was this girls birthday. That is my sister in law/bestie. How great is it when your twin brother marries someone who is your best friend. That is my twin brother below. The four of us took a trip to San Fransisco last May and it was one of the funnest trips I have ever been on. It doesn't matter where you go as long as the company is the best you could ask for!


We had a get together planned planned for Saturday night at my casa. I knew we would be eating lots of junk so I tried to be good the whole day and then let myself splurge a little. My husband and woke up at nine! I couldn't believe it. All our kids were still asleep....I definitely needed that rest. I had plain greek yogurt for breakfast, with 1/4 cup raw oats and some blueberries on top.

Then I convinced myself to go to the gym I did the gpp workout and was dripping sweat on the floor after 10 minutes. Literally dripping. Thanks gpp! Then I did a couple of abs and finished off with 25 minutes of swimming. It felt so good to hop in that pool after all that sweat!

For our get togethers we usually end up playing cards till the wee hours of the morning. It is just something we have always done. And of course there is always food and non alcoholic beer for the "I used to drink but don't anymore" people. :)

We had chips and salsa, cake, lot's of candy, cheese with crackers and mustard, and I made a HUGE veggie tray...I promise. I had forgotten about it till I spotted it in the fridge about 5 minutes after I took this picture.

Here are three of the boys I grew up with. Been friends since grade school.

We had a fun great weekend. Tomorrow it is off to eating good again and getting up at 5:40. I always eat good during the week and weekends are iffy. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment