Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My whole life just changed...

Didn't get a post in yesterday. It was a crazy, emotional, exciting, exhausting, off day. Let's just say this little was planning on starting Kindergarten at a school with five little friends on her street. We ended up switching schools yesterday, the morning she was supposed to be going for her first day. She wasn't happy, I wasn't happy (well I was because I wanted her to go to this school where she got accepted the day hers was supposed to start! What?) I felt bad that I was making her make a huge change the morning of. I was a mess. I hope I made the right decision. She went to her second day today and did great! She made two friends and seemed really happy. She is now playing with her little neighborhood friends and so it is all working out fine. But yesterday...hard. Really hard. On all of us. So, did I make it to the gym...no! Did I eat really good...no! It was such a weird day.


In her uniform and with a sweaty mama who came straight from the gym.


Anyway, on to today! I have to go to the gym at five am now because the little leaves for school quite early. I did a fifteen minute workout on the stairclimber for a warm up. Then I did:

3 sets of weighted lunges (10 on each leg)
3 sets of 10 overhead shoulder press

This gpp workout:

Complete 4 straight sets of each. Rest 30-60s between each set.
5/8 strict chinups
8 back squats 95/135
8 ring dips
12 DB skull crushers 20/30 ea.
100 rope jumps
*I added a sprint at the end of each round.
Then I finished of with 17 more minutes on the stairclimber. It felt great.

Breakfast was the usual protein shake:
scoop of protein
spinach
1/2 banana
coconut water
ice





My "breakfast" at about nine thirty, yes I'm already ravenous by then...was
1/2 cup oats
heaping tablespoon of protein powder
1 tablespoon peanut butter
sprinkle of cocoa on the top


Oh my gosh it was so good. Like a peanut butter cup! Can't go wrong right? I didn't get a picture of lunch but it was a couple of egg whites with light mayo and mustard. I dipped some Kashi crackers into the egg mix and had some grapes on the side. Then had a square of dark chocolate. :)

My afternoon snack. One of my staples. Fage plain greek yogurt, raw oats, and blueberries. This baby had around 240 calories, 39 grams protein, 30 carbs, and 3 grams of fat. And it tastes so yummy too!

Dinner:
I made up some zucchini boat thingy. It was pretty tasty. I had a huge zucchini so I cut it in half and then in half again lengthwise. I hollowed all the seeds and middle junk.


Boiled some chicken, chopped it up and threw it in.


Topped that with broccoli and a couple crushed Kashi crackers in place of bread crumbs and popped it into the oven for a bit. I love roasted broccoli, so this was so good to me. The broccoli got all crispy and divine.


When the zucchini was soft enough to eat I pulled it out and topped it with grape tomatoes and a spoonful of feta cheese. Delish! I will be making this one again.

Gotta get to bed so I can do the 5 am thing all over again tomorrow. Another recipe tomorrow! This time a chocolatey sweet one!


No comments:

Post a Comment