Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I've been sick....again

Will it ever end?  Sunday night came and I got another migraine.  What is up with these headaches?  Needless to say I didn't get to sleep till after one and then it was not a solid sleep.  So the gym Monday morning was out of the question.  Then Monday afternoon I started to feel sick with stomach issues.  I was up again most of Monday night with the most horrible stomach pains.  I have never had stomach pains like these.  It hurt to roll over, it hurt to lay on my tummy, it hurt to lay on my back.  I got up a couple times and it hurt so much to walk.  It was awful.  And really strange.  Sooooooo, Tuesday morning came and I was trying not to vomit and get these pains to subside.  Joey stayed home from work till one and then went in.  I survived the afternoon and felt a little better before bed.  When I woke up this morning it was a little better. I debated going to the gym since I was up at five fifteen but I thought I better wait and see.  Whew!  This is long.  I didn't make it this morning but was feeling better by noon so I made up a quick interval workout.  Here it was I did:

Set you interval timer for thirty rounds, 50 seconds on, 10 rest.  Do as many reps as you can in the 50 seconds.  Do all 10 exercises 3 times.

push ups
squats
overhead press
bicep curls
half burpee jump into squat hold
overhead tricep press
squat with glute raise, switch legs every time
sumo squats
10 v-ups, 10 sit ups, repeat till timer buzzes
jump rope

It felt good.  Even though it wasn't that long of a workout it eased me back in after being sick.  Hopefully tomorrow I can hit it hard.  I will be up late tonight in another meeting but hopefully not too late.

Breakfast was plain greek yogurt with blueberries, sprinkled with raw oats.


Lunch was veggie spaghetti....should have been lasagna but I didn't have the right noodles.  So I used brown rice spaghetti.  I will post the recipe soon.  It's really yummy.


Then I got my above workout on.  My timer is all set and ready to go.


I swear I was dripping wet.  The picture doesn't quite show it.  It was down my back, neck and head.  I know....awesome.  :)  Try this workout.  If you go hard and keep correct form you will be sweating.


Afternoon snack was eggs and trail mix.


I never buy the Costco bag of trail mix because nuts and chocolate are about the best thing ever created and I have no self control around it (that's what she said....am I right?).  Anyway, I think I lived on the stuff yesterday being sick.  So I am banning it once more.  Can't buy it.  My nephew begged me too when we were at Costco over the weekend.  So he got his way.


Dinner was salmon with sweet potato fries, and roasted asparagus.


For the salmon I put a little olive oil, garlic, and sage in bowl.  Then I spread in on the salmon, sprinkle with garlic salt and dill.  Soooo easy.



Wrap it all up and cook 10 to 15 minutes.


Dessert was half a piece of homemade bread with honey.


I think I'll leave you with a couple pics from the weekend.  I have fun friends.  I really do.



I worked out Sunday morning and this little guy had to have my Ipod. I let him have it while I did gpp's leg shredder and then I stole it to go out for a run.  Church at one is fabulous.  And this winter is crazy.  Sunday was sooooo nice out.


Hopefully I'm not up too late tonight so I can make it to the gym in the morn!

No comments:

Post a Comment