Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sore

I woke up today so dang sore.  I skipped the gym this morning and went to the temple instead.  My gym friend Aubrey was going and I decided to tag along since it has been a while.  So I have felt crappy all day.  But, at least I did something good.  


I made myself a little parfait before I left.  The usual.....plain greek yogurt, raw oats, blueberries.  This is one of those go to meals that can be made in seconds and includes protein, carbs, and a fruit.  Fabulous.


I was in a cereal mood today so Kashi and unsweetened almond milk is what I had when I got home.


Lunch was mixed greens with cottage cheese and balsamic vinegar.  I had a side of hot chocolate protein.  I'm addicted to the stuff.  Completely.

Dinner tonight is squash soup.  I just peeled and cubed a big squash, put in a pot and covered it with chicken stock and 1 cup of coconut milk.  When the squash is soft puree it in a blender and then add it back to the pot.  Stir in some nutmeg and salt and pepper.  So easy.

Lettuce Wraps:
2 pds. of chicken, pork, or steak
grated carrot
green onions
6 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. sesame oil
1 Tbs. sesame seeds
1 Tbs. agave nectar
pepper


I used my vegetable peeler to slice my veggies.  I also used cilantro because I didn't have green onions on hand.


Mix all the ingredients together and let marinate for an hour or so.  While this is marinating I cook up some brown rice.


Saute until veggies are tender and the chicken and done.


You can use iceberg lettuce for these for we prefer romaine in this house.  Top a leaf with brown rice and the chicken mixture.  So good.  This is my M.I.L. recipe but I altered it a teensy bit.  Try it.

It is going to be a late night tonight and I have to be up at five.  Suck.  It should be fun though since I will be working with my sissies all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment