Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Healthified Stuffing

I could not get up for spin today.  I made it to the gym about eight.  It was awesome.  I got to see my friend Shari who I never see anymore because she comes at seven and I leave at seven.  I got to talk to her for 45 minutes while I doing the stairmaster.  Here is what I did today:

45 min stairclimber

This gpp workout:


Perform 5 sets of each:
weighted chinups AHAP
BB curl cleans AHAP
10 bar grippers (forward) AHAP (R + L = 1)

Then I did:

Woodchoppers-15 each side
BB bicep curls-20
One minute sprint
*repeat four times

I had to leave to take my little one to school or I might have stayed another hour or five.  :)

I made this stuffing on Sunday night.  I tried to make it semi-healthy since I love stuffing but I don't love the cup of butter that usually goes into it.  


Saute together:
4 tbs coconut oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups chopped celery stalks


Add:
1 cup chopped apples
1/2 cup craisins
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbs sage


Mix in 4 quarts of dry whole wheat bread crumbs.  It will be dry.   Then add 1/2 - 1 cup water with chicken boullion mixed in as strong as you like.  Bake in an 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.


With Thanksgiving in just two days this will be a good one to try out.  We liked it a lot.  This is my mother in laws recipe that I altered to make healthier.  She always has good recipes.


Gotta get up early to hit the gym and go run bleachers.  I am so excited to run bleachers.  Its been too long.





No comments:

Post a Comment