Thursday, August 25, 2011

Not feeling it today...:(

The trusty alarm went off at 5:40 again this morning. I was already awake and had been for awhile. That means not enough sleep! My sister met me at the gym at six...and we started right in on the GPP workout of the day.

Perform 8 rounds of 20 seconds work followed immediately by 10 seconds rest for each of the following exercises. Complete all 8 rounds before moving to the next exercise.

KB swings 25/35
row
mountain climbers
jump rope
box jumps

I do not know what my deal was but I was NOT feeling up to anything today. I finished it just fine...I just felt a little off. When we were done we did a couple of ab workouts:

crunches on ball w/ pulley-3 sets, 20 reps, 50 pds
hanging abs-15 each side,15 center, 3x

Then I threw in some back exercises while my sister hit the treadmill.

Lat pull downs -3 sets, 15 reps, 70/80/90/pds. (last set only did ten reps.)
Dumbell rows on one leg- 25 pds, 15 e.s (keep that leg up the whole time)

*My one legged dumbell row.

Chin ups-7
Squats with glute raise-10 each leg

*Attempted to do cardio, lasted seven minutes. :) Hopefully I get a cardio workout in today at home!

Post gym I had a protein shake. Ice, water, 3 scoops Elite Protein, 1/2 a banana, and a teaspoon of peanut butter. This was a shake for two and my husband had half of it.

Can I just say how much I LOVE Costco? This is my mid-morning snack. Four egg whites, 1 oz turkey, heap of spinach, a tablespoon of Jalapeno Yogurt Dip, (aka the best dip in the world I could eat it with a spoon), all on a whole wheat sandwich thin. Everything...I mean everything on this beauty was purchased from costco. This had around 235 calories and over 25 grams of protein. Not bad. And it was so yummy!

All the ingredients. Thank you Costco!

Ok, this is seriously the best dip. I eat it with crackers, veggies, on sandwiches, etc, etc...I love it
! It only has 50 calories in two tablespoons.

We had family pictures tonight at five o clock. Am I the only one who hates getting family pictures? With three little kids it is no easy task. This was my "dinner" as I was running out the door at quarter to five. Spinach, tomatoes, turkey, feta, and my made up dressing. (1 tablespoon jalapeno yogurt dip and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Add water to thin it out. Delish!) No worries, I ate some of my husbands Cafe Rio soup as well.

We promised the kids Yogurt if they were good for pictures. Really though....the husband and I just wanted yogurt. This was our combo we shared. I could have eaten five.

This post does not include all my snacking throughout the day. Peanut butter oatmeal balls, string cheese, kashi cookie....you get the idea. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment