Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A workout and a new recipe....for Xela :)

I woke up before five today.  Blah.  But I made it to spin.  I love spin....I am always a sweaty mess after which is a good thing in my book.  Then I did a workout adapted from gpp:

STAB = (shoulders,triceps, abs and biceps)

Shoulder Medley - 4 rounds
           20 front raises 15/20
           20 upright row 15/20
           20 OH press 15/20
Triceps Medley - 4 rounds
            20 narrow push-ups  BW
            20 skull crushers 15/20          
            20 OH French press 15/20
Ab Medley - 4 rounds
            20 situps
            20 R side ups
            20 L side ups           
            20 Superman back ext's
Biceps 21’s - 4 rounds   (see demo)    
            7 bottom to half 15/20
            7 half to full 15/20
            7 full 15/20
*I only had time for three rounds of each but I did add on 9 or so 1 minute sprints between sets.  

Post workout was a spinach protein shake.  Then at about ten forty five I ate this.....



1 egg, 3 egg whites, with two corn tortillas on the side.  I ate this in the car.  Not the easiest thing to do.

Then I needed some cookies.  Stat.  So I made some healthified pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  They were delicious and I ate two right out of the oven.



Here is what I did:

Mix together:
2 cups oat flour
1 cup coconut flour
(I would have used some whole wheat flour but didn't have any or any time to grind up some more.)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 Tbs. truvia
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 egg whites
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.


 These were really good.  My kids like them as well as did the hubs.  Success. 


Then it was off to get a root canal!  What?!  I was sweating bullets.  I have never had one of those before and the unknown was too much.  Thank goodness I got high off the laughing gas or I would have been a shaky mess.   I sit on my kitchen floor and make sad faces when I'm worried.  Ya know...who doesn't?

When I got home the hubs made me lunch.....


Edamame for my "appetizer."  :)


And grilled cheese with tomato soup.  I shared the sandwich with Ollie.  She was hungry.  My kids are always hungry when mommy has food.

For dinner Joey cooked up some squash and I managed to throw together a side dish and some ravioli.  Big whoop.  My kids love ravioli so it wasn't too bad.


The side was brown rice with feta, craisins, pecans, spinach, salt and pepper, and a little fresh lemon juice squeezed into the mix.  Good....but not the best.  Probably cuz I didn't really want to eat after the numbness wore off.  Poor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment