Thursday, January 19, 2012

A workout and a recipe...

I went to bed around midnight but still got my arse up at five fifteen to get to the gym.  I am one tired chick today.  I did a Jillian workout and repeated each section twice.

Scorpion push-ups-20
DB fly's on ball with a crunch-10
Leg extensions-20/12/6 increasing weight set of reps
Jump squats till failure
Repeat

Decline DB press-15
Cable flys's-15
Squat thrusts-20
Side lunges-20
Repeat

Close grip push-ups till failure
Plank ups-10 each arm
Jump squats-15
One leg squats-10 each leg
Jumping jacks- one minute
repeat

Overhead shoulder press-15
Woodchoppers-15 each side
Static lunge with lateral shoulder raise-10 each leg
Reverse crunches-20
Hanging abs-30
Repeat

Do each segment with no rest.  Take a little rest at the end of each segment.  Then I did about 25 minutes of spin for a little extra cardio.

I mentioned how I made some weird spaghetti casserole thing the other night.  Here is the recipe I did.

Mix together:
1 1/2 cups lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup parmesan
1/2 cup chopped asparagus
1 cup chopped spinach
1/2 pepper chopped
1/2 a bunch of broccoli chopped
2 carrots grated or chopped
A little garlic, garlic salt, and italian seasoning


Put some marinara sauce in the bottom of a pan.


Add noodles.  I used brown rice spaghetti noodles here but next time I will use brown rice lasagna noodles.


Layer veggies and cheese and couple times.  I also did a two layers of lowfat mozzarella for the kids and hubs side of the pan.


Bake for about an hour.  I know the pictures suck but this was delicious.


My family devoured it.


Going out to dinner with the girls tonight.  It is much needed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment