Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's been a while eh?

Wow....that weekend flew by.  It was a good one.  My husband was gone on Friday night so I had the kiddos to myself.  We had our cousin Lily sleepover and it was the worst night of sleep I have gotten in awhile.  Not because Lily....but because of my sweet three year old.  By four am I was totally wiped out and was wishing for my husband.  He has always been the one who gets up with the kids and I could tell I was not used to it.  

By Sunday I needed a sweet yummy breakfast.  I got this recipe off Candace's blog.  I thought it was going to be OK but not great.  Guess what?  It was sooooo good.  Really, you need to make it.  Here is her recipe:

  • 2 Egg whites 
  • 1/2cup applesauce (unsweetened) 
  • 2 T coconut flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder (about 2 tbsp)
  • 1/2 C. Raspberries (fresh or frozen)

Just mix all the first 5 ingredients together, fold in the raspberries and place it in the microwave for 5 minutes.   


 

Then I made another one later that day for lunch.  Chocolate version.  I used the same recipe but skipped the raspberries and added cocoa.  I put a little almond butter on top.  This one was a little too rich and I only ate half of it.


I was feeling guilty about all cake with no veggies so I made myself eat some.


I was pretending to be a rabbit to make my carrot more enjoyable.  It works.  Fo reeeeel.


My kids were begging me to make them a smoothie.  I love it when they do that.  Little do they know that they are getting lots of fruit and veggies in there.  I usually put in yogurt, milk, protein, banana, strawberry, guava, pineapple, and spinach.  They LOVE these drinks and ask for them all the time.  I usually have one right along with them.

Yesterday my sister came over to hep me hang pictures.  Finally!  I have this really big wall above my stairs but it is extra hard to hang pictures on because you can't reach anything.  It takes mad skills.


 She is talented.  I thought I was going to break my neck by falling a zillion times but we survived.


The outcome.  Thanks so much Christy!  I couldn't have or wouldn't have done it without you.


Lasts might dinner was bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and toast for the fam.  My kids love breakfast for dinner OK?  I had the awesome salad posted above.  Chicken, apples, craisins, and balsamic.  Yum!

I was seriously up at three thirty this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I knew I had to get up in an hour.  Does that ever happen to you?  I hate that.  I have to wake up extra early on Tuesdays because if you are not there by five sharp you will not get a spin bike for the five fifteen class.  Spin was great today and I was sweaty as can be as usual.

My mom came today and lifted with me.  She has not been for awhile so we took it easy on weights.  Here is what we did:

Alternating BB bicep curls-20
TRX back rows-15
Bicep curl on pulley-15
Lat pulldowns-15
*repeat three times

TRX rolling abs-15
Back rows using T bar-15
*repeat three times

Running the rack for biceps  X 3

TRX pike crunches-15
Supermans-20


 

I got home and had a mint hot chocolate protein shake.  I can't get over these.....I had a side of plain greek yogurt with raw oats and blueberries.  It is going to be a good day!

1 comment:

  1. you are so welcome. i think the wall looks pretty good! and you did all the hard stuff, balancing on the ledge trying not to fall to your death! those muffins looks awesome, i'm totally going to try them. thanks!

    ReplyDelete