Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sugar cookies

Let's start with a workout recap from yesterday:
50 squats
50 walking lunges (first set regular walking lunges, second set with a glute raise, third 25 uni lunges on each leg)
dead lifts-15
sled-10
*repeat three times

One legged bridge with foot on bench-15 each leg
50 bicycle crunches
inner thigh raises-50 each leg
weighted sit ups-15
*repeat three times

For cardio my friend from the gym and I went outside for a 6 ish mile run.  It was dark...and freezing...but I felt so much better than my last run.  Success!

Yesterday we had a school friend over to play.  It was our first time and the excitement in our house was running high.  I wanted to make sure that they had fun so we decided to do sugar cookies.  I used this recipe which is the best recipe.  It is all butter and basically shortbread.  And its so easy...try it, you will not be disappointed.  I threw a little lime juice and lime zest in the frosting and they were awesome.  So awesome I ate like ten.  Go me.  :)


You must apply the frosting very carefully.  :)


She made a snowman with hers by stacking them up.

Dinner was fast cuz I was in a hurray to get to guitar.  We had taquitos with roasted brussel sprouts.  It was so fast and easy. 


I sauteed some onion in lime juice, honey, garlic, olive oil, and chili powder.  


I heated up some corn tortillas in the pan without rinsing out.  You want that flavor on your tortilla people.


Line a pan with tinfoil and spray with pam.  I mixed a can of chicken with a tablespoon of light sour cream and chili powder.  Put some chicken on the tortilla, then the sweet onions, then some cilantro.  


Roll em up tight and spray with pam...then sprinkle with sea salt.  


Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or so.  This dinner hit the spot.  It was so good.

Today started out with breakfast in bed.  I did not wake up to work out and I guess my hubs knew the only way to get me to wake up was to bring me food.  He knows me well.  He made me an omelet with veggies.  Thanks darling!


We were on the go all morning so I snacked on rice cakes, and half a York patty in the car.  Not so great but it worked.


I made this salad beast for lunch and about died at it's goodness.  It was lettuce and spinach, chicken, pears, feta, and pecans, topped with a little balsamic vinegar and a titch of poppy seed dressing.  I inhaled it.  Surprise, surprise.

All afternoon was spent working on Halloween costumes.  I am proud to say that they are done!!!  With hours to spare before the kids class parties in the morning.  :)


My kids love raw veggies and ranch.  Much more so than cooked.  So when dinnertime rolls around and they are snacky I give them this.  They love it and I don't feel bad if this spoils their dinner.


He loved to dip his trees.  Dinner was veggies, salad, and turkey muffins.  I got this recipe from Candice's blog.  It was so easy and quick I will definitely make these again.  The best part.....my kids loved them and gobbled them up.  They are basically egg, ground turkey, spices, sweet potato, onion, and celery.  I tweaked my recipe a teeny bit but they are pretty much the same.  I added some garlic and red pepper and didn't use the celery because I was out.  


I finally got to the gym around six pm.  It was weird.  I do not like going at night at all.  Here's what I did:

Running the rack (gpp)
Bicep curls
Back rows
*I repeated the rack three times and my arms were shaking.

T bar machine back rows-15
BB alternating curls-20
Lat pulldowns-10
*repeat three times

Plank with alternating rear deltoid fly-10 each arm
DB curls-15 each arm
*repeat three times

Cardio was 15 minutes on the stairstepper and a 15 minute sprint workout.  One minute on one minute off.

Now I'm off to bed so I can get up at 4:45.  Sigh.  Gotta get my shut eye stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment